Lior and I are the co-founders of Hush. Based out of Toronto, we shared a passion for improving areas of difficulty in peoples lives. I've been helping people achieve a healthier lifestyle via improved diets and Lior has been helping businesses solve their lead generation problems. Together we launched Hush. Hush is Canada's leading brand for sleep-inducing weighted blankets. In a short period of time Hush has quickly found itself on thousands of beds across Canada and beyond.
1. We are so excited to that we've become an official retailer of your exceptional Hush weighted blankets! The weighted blanket space has blown up in the past couple of years; what are the benefits of using a weighted blanket? How does this technology help you to sleep?
2. Wow! That’s awesome! Are they only for adults or can kids use them too?
They are great for kids from 50+lbs to adults 250lbs+. We do this by creating blankets from 5lbs to 25lbs to help kids, teens, and adults choose a weight closest to 10% of their overall body weight to properly stimulate the body.
3. If you share a bed with a partner, can you share a weighted blanket as well?
In a perfect world, the blanket was designed for single use. As it is very unlikely that two partners weigh exactly the same. However, many have been getting slightly heavier blankets and choosing to go with a queen size to share with partners and have reported very promising results.
4. What sets the Hush blanket apart from other weighted blankets?
When it comes to weighted blankets, the importance of quality is an extremely significant factor. Simply having a weighted bean bag like blanket won't do the trick. The Hush comes with our famous zipper tech technology which locks in the inner weight with a hidden zipper to prevent any movement or clumping throughout the night. The hush also comes with a machine washable cover and micro glass beads for improved airflow. Some other features include an inner cotton membrane to prevent any bead leakage and 100-night guarantee.
5. What inspired you to design this incredible product?
My partner, Lior, spent some time volunteering his summers at a camp for children of special needs. They had an internal stimulation room which carried all kinds of sensory devices the kids could use whenever they felt it useful. Lior found himself using and really loving their weighted sensory pads but, disliked how small they were and how poor the quality was. Before we knew it, we found ourselves working with technical designers coming up with the first ever Hush Blanket. Which turned out to be everything we ever wanted in terms of style, quality, and effectiveness.
And yes, we sleep with a Hush every night. I actually still sleep with the first one ever produced.
6. As an industry expert, what’s your secret to sweet dreams?
3. Build a routine. Train your body to wake up and go to sleep at a specific. Your brain craves routine so if you can build a sleep schedule you will benefit greatly.
Sleepenvie is a Toronto-based online mattress-in-a-box and bedroom lifestyle brand that focuses on customization, convenience, and charitable contribution.
We make the mattress-buying process easy by delivering it directly to your door in one easy-to-handle compact box. We strongly believe in customizability, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. An easy one-minute quiz matches you to the ideal mattress for your lifestyle and sleep habits.