'Tis the season to curl up under the covers and hide from the cold winter's weather. Make your bedroom an oasis of coziness with these 10 easy tips:
1. Keep lighting soft. It's time to put harsh overhead lighting into hibernation, and bust out the candles, lamps, and/or adorable string lights for a soft twinkle.
Photo Credit: @urbanoutfitters
2. Remember that cringe you feel when you jump out of bed and your toes hit the cold floor? Yikes! The comfort of a warm, fuzzy area rug will rescue you from that sensation all season long.
Photo Credit: @cosaria
3. One blanket is cozy, two is cozier. Think: giant comfy sweater that you can crawl into. Play with textures; don't be afraid to mix soft faux fur with a heavy knit.
Photo Credit: @theminimalinstinct
4. Invest in some quality linen-it really does make a huge difference!
Photo Credit: @styledbylouisacurtis
5. Pillowtalk! Throw in some fun and cheeky pillowcases that make you smile.
Photo Credit: @rosesttradingco
6. Since the bed will be the focus of the room, declutter other areas so the bedroom doesn't look messy.
Photo Credit: @scout.interior.design
7. If light colours make a room look bigger, use dark colours to create a cozier vibe.
Photo Credit: @amberulmer
8. Step up your curtain game; they are your armour between your toasty oasis and the bitter cold seeping in from your window (not to mention the extra brightness reflecting off the snow).
Photo Credit: @getluxapp
9. Decorate with things that warm your heart, like family photos, pretty plants, books, and special items that add a personal touch.
10. Last but not least, next time you have the opportunity to stay in, relax and watch some Netflix in your new snuggle-sanctuary, invite your teddybear or furry friend to join you #thesnuggleisreal.
Photo Credit: @eatsleepwear
Sleepenvie is a Canadian online mattress-in-a-box and bedroom lifestyle brand that focuses on customization, convenience, and charitable contribution.
We make the mattress-buying process easy by delivering it directly to your door in one easy-to-handle compact box. We strongly believe in customizability, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. An easy one-minute quiz matches you to the ideal mattress for your lifestyle and sleep habits.